There is something exciting, yet nerve wracking, about buying new things for a move abroad. Clothes, shoes, personal items, electronics, books. For me lately, it's been a constant battle between figuring out what I really need, wanting to buy things I really like, wondering what I'll really be able to buy when I get to Daejeon, evaluating what I've already got, and not wanting to spend too much money. Luckily, I have wonderful parents who are willing to help me get ready. They even went halfsies with me to buy a new laptop. (Macswell and I get along very well so far, in case you were wondering.) And, today, my mom and I spent part of our morning luggage shopping. Last week I spent some time scoping out the deals and looking at different designs, so today, when we went looking, I still had no idea what I wanted.
Soft-side?
Hard-side?
Four wheels?
Two?
Patterned?
Zippered?
Plain black?
Blue?
After searching for a while, it starts to feel a little Dr. Seuss-y. How is it that there are so many options, but when you travel it seems like everyone has the same generic black wheelie suitcase? I came out the other end of luggage shopping with two hard-side PURPLE suitcases (because I believe in color), though I'm still on the lookout for a good carry-on suitcase ("good" meaning I like it enough to actually spend money on it).
And now, I'm one step closer to being ready to leave home and travel halfway around the world. Four more weeks (yes, only 28 days, don't remind my mom) and I will be on my way. Can you believe it?
Soft-side?
Hard-side?
Four wheels?
Two?
Patterned?
Zippered?
Plain black?
Blue?
After searching for a while, it starts to feel a little Dr. Seuss-y. How is it that there are so many options, but when you travel it seems like everyone has the same generic black wheelie suitcase? I came out the other end of luggage shopping with two hard-side PURPLE suitcases (because I believe in color), though I'm still on the lookout for a good carry-on suitcase ("good" meaning I like it enough to actually spend money on it).
And now, I'm one step closer to being ready to leave home and travel halfway around the world. Four more weeks (yes, only 28 days, don't remind my mom) and I will be on my way. Can you believe it?
Comments
Post a Comment