After months of waiting, things are finally starting to move! Yesterday, I sent the necessary documents to the Korean Consulate in Los Angeles to get my VISA. Today, I bought a one-way plane ticket from Las Vegas to Seoul. And tomorrow marks one month until my departure. So crazy!
But you know what is almost crazier? My current lack of anxiety. Sure, I'm a little nervous, but nothing like I was waiting for my background check or sending documents to Korea or waiting to hear about my placement. I am surprisingly calm. Amber - the girl who freaked out about buying a ticket and flying to New York without her parents last year to visit friends - just bought a ticket to KOREA with a credit card (why yes, I am in debt for the first time in my life) and is planning on boarding a plane ALONE to go to a country where she knows NO ONE. And I have yet to show any signs of a pending anxiety attack. In fact, I'm pretty sure I was more anxious about whether or not I should have bought those patterned jeans at Target today...
But, I think that's how I know I'm doing the right thing. Because I'm hopeful and excited about the future. Because I'm not worried about what other people think about my decision. Because I'm happy. Because all of my fears have been pushed aside and replaced by the faith that I'm going where I'm supposed to go.
And that is awesome.
For real.
Comments
Post a Comment