Today, while browsing various sources for a topic for my teacher's workshop class, I came across the following TED Talk.
I used to have a small notebook I carried around with me that had a list of the things that I wanted to do in life. A "bucket list" of sorts. It somehow got lost in the shuffle of moving across the Pacific, and I hadn't thought much of it. But, after watching this video, I thought maybe it was time to re-evaluate the things I want to do before I die.
Before I die, I want to...
- Learn another language.
- Stand at the top of the world's tallest building.
- Fall in love.
- Travel the world.
- Buy something at Tiffany's.
- Be a wife and mother.
- Make a difference in someone's life.
(There are many, many things I could add to this list. Meet a Korean celebrity, own a yellow mustang convertible, have my own personal library, learn to use the floor heating in my apartment...But I won't bore you with all of the wishes of my perpetually teenage heart. There are more important things.)
So, why am I telling you all of this?
Because I think it's important. I think it's important to have dreams, and to share those dreams once in a while. I think it's important to know what you want in life so you can set goals and have something to look forward to. I think that what you want in life says a lot about who you are as a person. I'm not sure what my list says about me, but I'm happy with it.
So, what do you think? What do you want to do before you die?
I used to have a small notebook I carried around with me that had a list of the things that I wanted to do in life. A "bucket list" of sorts. It somehow got lost in the shuffle of moving across the Pacific, and I hadn't thought much of it. But, after watching this video, I thought maybe it was time to re-evaluate the things I want to do before I die.
Before I die, I want to...
- Learn another language.
- Stand at the top of the world's tallest building.
- Fall in love.
- Travel the world.
- Buy something at Tiffany's.
- Be a wife and mother.
- Make a difference in someone's life.
(There are many, many things I could add to this list. Meet a Korean celebrity, own a yellow mustang convertible, have my own personal library, learn to use the floor heating in my apartment...But I won't bore you with all of the wishes of my perpetually teenage heart. There are more important things.)
So, why am I telling you all of this?
Because I think it's important. I think it's important to have dreams, and to share those dreams once in a while. I think it's important to know what you want in life so you can set goals and have something to look forward to. I think that what you want in life says a lot about who you are as a person. I'm not sure what my list says about me, but I'm happy with it.
So, what do you think? What do you want to do before you die?
Comments
Post a Comment