There comes a day when you sit down at lunch and realize that the tentacles in floating in your soup don't phase you.
They don't even gross you out a little bit.
In fact, you find you have come to quite like the tentacles.
And the bones in the fish are much easier to navigate around with chop sticks.
Even the smelly fermented soybean soup isn't so bad after a while.
Throwing toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it no longer seems like the disgusting thing it was 6 months ago.
You hardly notice people staring at you anymore.
You're kind of used to not really understanding what's going on.
You've accepted the fact that your co-teachers will never stop asking when you're going to get a boyfriend, so you might as well just go hiking with that group from your co-teacher's husband's institute.
You realize that Seoul, a place that used to seem so far away and exotic, is now a favorite weekend getaway, full of excitement and hijinks.
The city is no longer a maze of confusion, and you know your way around on public transportation better than many locals.
You've begun using so many Korean beauty products, you're not sure how you're going to keep your face looking so good when you eventually have to go home.
And you know Korea is making you high maintenance.
I guess, what I'm really trying to say, is there comes a time when life settles down, and as exciting and different as it is, it become everyday life. All of the things that once seemed so foreign have become almost unnoticeable, so I'm sorry if my blogging is less than consistent. I guess I just don't have much to tell the world about the things they already know about everyday life.
They don't even gross you out a little bit.
In fact, you find you have come to quite like the tentacles.
And the bones in the fish are much easier to navigate around with chop sticks.
Even the smelly fermented soybean soup isn't so bad after a while.
Throwing toilet paper in the trash can instead of flushing it no longer seems like the disgusting thing it was 6 months ago.
You hardly notice people staring at you anymore.
You're kind of used to not really understanding what's going on.
You've accepted the fact that your co-teachers will never stop asking when you're going to get a boyfriend, so you might as well just go hiking with that group from your co-teacher's husband's institute.
You realize that Seoul, a place that used to seem so far away and exotic, is now a favorite weekend getaway, full of excitement and hijinks.
The city is no longer a maze of confusion, and you know your way around on public transportation better than many locals.
You've begun using so many Korean beauty products, you're not sure how you're going to keep your face looking so good when you eventually have to go home.
And you know Korea is making you high maintenance.
I guess, what I'm really trying to say, is there comes a time when life settles down, and as exciting and different as it is, it become everyday life. All of the things that once seemed so foreign have become almost unnoticeable, so I'm sorry if my blogging is less than consistent. I guess I just don't have much to tell the world about the things they already know about everyday life.
Comments
Post a Comment